|Life as a Single Dad|
Whether or not you have been recently widowed, divorced or separated from the mother of your children under difference circumstances, it doesnt matter. The results are still the same. You are now a single dad with all of the responsibilities that go with that title, and there are quite a few.
First and foremost, you have to address the needs of the kids. However youve become a single dad is sure to have been a traumatic experience for your children. Its important to address that trauma with open communication. Dont wait for your kids to come to you, go to them. Make sure your kids know that they are safe and loved and that you are in control.
Next, you have to address your own needs. Its easy to get caught up in taking care of your kids, but the best gift you can give your kids is a happy, healthy dad. Schedule personal time for yourself to exercise, read, hang out with your friends or just be on your own. If theres mourning to do, do it.
Finally, you have to create and maintain as stable home environment for your kids. Get them to pitch in on the chores, and make a household schedule so that you know where everyone is supposed to be and when. The sooner you get on the schedule, the sooner you will establish a sense of normalcy.
Remember, getting a household to run smoothly with just one parent doesnt happen overnight, so give yourself room to make mistakes.
And, dont be afraid to ask for help. Its parenthood, not directions.
- Pregnancy Weight Gain
- Dads with Postpartum Depression
- Ready to be Parents?
- Sleep and Ferber Demystified
- What to Feed Your Kids
- Serving your Baby Solid Foods
- Easy Recipes for Health
- Manly to Daddy
- Sleep: Baby and Parents
- Quality Time with Your Kids
- Managing Work and Fatherhood
- DINK to Dad
- How to Bond with Your Baby
- Child Custody Rights for Fathers
- Child Support - The Ins and Outs
- Family Vacations
- Life as a Single Dad
- Stay-at-Home Dad
- Wall Street to Sesame Street
- Top 10 Baby Girls Names 2010
- Top 10 Baby Boy Names 2010
- Postnatal Recovery
- Play An Active Role During Pregnancy
- Five Steps to Potty Safety
- Child Visitation: How to Make the Most of Your Time with Your Kids
- Funky Stork Membership
- The Funky Stork: New and Improved!
- Pregnancy & Postpartum Depression Expert